On the night of the most significant literary event in two years, Twain turns on the sarcasm and I turn on the Harry Potter fanaticism. A quick review of Bob Scher’s The Little Know-How Book (along with a short excerpt) leave not so much time for the loser talk.
- 00:00 — Tuning up
- 01:00 — Critique
- 04:02 — Recap and vocab
- 06:58 — Pudd’nhead Wilson, Chapter 2
- 22:23 — Correct spelling
- 23:03 — Harry Potter
- 25:33 — The Little Know-How Book
- 30:08 — Transcript trouble, housecleaning, and Maggie Gyllenhaal
download here (33:18 total time; 15.615 megs)
Bob Scher, the author of The Little Know-How Book.
Roger Ebert’s review of the new Maggie Gyllenhaal movie, Happy Endings.
I take the plunge with chapter 1 of Mark Twain’s Puddin’Head Wilson and a quickie review of the long-out-of-print Harvey the Beer Can King. I find it useful when people index their podcasts, so I’ll do it too:
- 0:00 — Hello. What’s this?
- 2:00 — On reading aloud.
- 4:40 — About the selection
- 9:17 — Puddin’Head Wilson, Chapter 1
- 20:00 — Harvey the Beer Can King
- 25:00 — Harry Potter, grad school, and being a loser
Continue reading The Literate Loser, Show 1